Discovery creates better care. In all we do, the University of Minnesota Medical School strives to improve healthcare for all Minnesotans and beyond.
We do this by working with exceptional clinical partners throughout our state to train our physicians and provide innovative patient care from preventive family medicine to the most complex and futuristic solutions. We combine research and education to push the boundaries of medicine forward and evolve tomorrow’s standard of care.
This annual report shares a sample of the partnerships, discoveries, and solutions our Medical School is proud to be a part of.
Jakub Tolar, MD, PhD
Dean of the Medical School
As we continue to build our future, we are looking forward to:
- Improving the rural physician pipeline to meet growing demands
- Increasing Medical School class size by 10% with the addition of the CentraCare Regional Campus in St. Cloud
- Expanding the Medical School Duluth campus to a four-year program by 2026, and increasing class size to 72 students
- Utilizing our SERVE curriculum to educate students on the major health disparities affecting Minnesotans
- Continuing to foster our graduate and postdoctoral students to support their forward-thinking in science and research for our state
- Strengthening and growing our relationships with healthcare partners across Minnesota and beyond to continue to provide the highest quality of patient care across our state
We are grateful to partner with many great organizations to provide exceptional patient care: